Discover the key part management accounting plays in the organisational planning and decision-making process.
Calculate product costs using different techniques. Produce financial analysis documents. Manage pricing, product mixes and working capital.
Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
- 24 Feb 2019
- 25 Aug 2019
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Explain the roles of management accounting in planning, control and decision-making.
- Explain the differences between the various costing systems used by organisations for control, planning and decision-making and be able to calculate product costs using conventional and contemporary approaches to costing.
- Identify the information needs of and produce financial analyses and reports to support management analysis of and decisions on costing, cost estimation, pricing, profitability analysis, product mix, working capital and outsourcing.
- Develop budgets and long-term financial plans.
- Evaluate types of organisational structures including concepts for responsibility accounting, authority delegation and control.
- Management Accounting in Context and Costing Terms
- Inventory costing and Cost Behaviours
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
- Product and service costing - Job Costing
- Product and service costing - Process Costing
- Activity based costing and activity based management
- Decision marking and relevant information and Working Capital
- Pricing Decisions and Customer Profitability Analysis
- Master budget and responsibility accounting (Cash Budgets)
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Virtual Classroom
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
To provide students with an overview of how management accounting information plays a critical role in organisational planning, controlling, decision-making and learning and to equip students with the conceptual and practical understanding necessary to use and interpret management accounting information.
- Continuous Assessment (25%)
- Team Report - 1100 words and presentation (25%)
- Invigilated Exam - 3 hours (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.