Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Jun 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe, explain and apply basic macroeconomic terms and concepts.
- Use simple macroeconomic models to interpret the Australian economy.
- Explain the macroeconomic environment in Australia.
- Use simple macroeconomic models to analyse the impact of changes in the economy.
- Evaluate current macroeconomic events, policy issues and debates from an economic perspective.
- Economic Foundations & GDP
- Business Cycle and Long Run Growth
- Unemployment and Inflation
- Aggregate Expenditure (AE) Model
- Aggregate Demand / Aggregate Supply (AD-AS) Model
- Static and Dynamic AD-AS Model
- Money, the Reserve Bank and Monetary Policy
- Fiscal Policy
- Macroeconomics and the Open Economy
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Economics is an interesting and very important discipline that will give you a deeper insight into the way the world works. Study fundamental macroeconomic principles and the Australian economy in an international economic setting. Learn simple macroeconomic models, economic policy, and contemporary economic issues.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Financial Planning degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Other - 3 hours (50%)
- Invigilated Exam - 3 hours (50%)
Current study term: 25 Jun 23 to 01 Sep 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.