Living Skills and Life Routines in Aged Care
Your upfront cost: $0
- 03 Apr 2023
- 18 Sep 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss an individual's personalised preferences and capacities.
- Develop a meaningful program of activity for an individual.
- Apply effective strategies to support and motivate participation.
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health
- Enhancing quality of life
- Increasing participation in Residential Aged Care
- Care teams
- Determining an individual's interests
- Developing a meaningful program of activity(community)
- Reminiscence and life story
- Developing a meaningful program of activity in care
- Strategies to increase engagement
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course is designed to help you develop a toolkit of ideas and strategies to support older people participate in life. You’ll learn to create a meaningful program of activity that considers an individual's personalised preferences and capacities. You’ll also learn to identify and apply effective strategies to support and motivate participation.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Aged Care degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Portfolio (60%)
- Case study (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).