Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the nutritional requirements across the lifespan.
- Identify and explain the physiological changes across the lifespan and the underlying nutritional requirements for optimal growth and development.
- Describe the role of genetic, environmental, and sociocultural influences on weight management.
- Apply evidence-based diet and exercise principles to design plans for healthy eating and weight loss in adults with consideration of external influences on weight management using case studies.
- Preconception and energy balance basics
- Pregnancy and early origins of adult disease
- Lactation and infancy up to 12 months
- Children and adolescents
- Adulthood and aetiology of obesity
- Management of obesity – lifestyle interventions
- Management of obesity – intensive interventions
- Impact of weight on health
- Nutrition and chronic disease
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Discover how physiology changes across the lifespan as well as how these changes impact our energy and nutrient needs. Each week, there is a new topic that reflects a different stage of the lifespan from pre-conception to older adults.
You’ll unpack and discuss factors that contribute to our dietary intake. In doing so, you’ll assess the relationships between over- and under-nutrition and the development of chronic diseases, particularly in the area of weight management.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Nutrition and Exercise degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Portfolio (60%)
- Assignment (40%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.