Lifespan Growth and Motor Development
We all grow, but how? Study human growth through three domains of development: physical, cognitive and psychosocial. Learn the five primary periods in the lifespan. Think about how visual perception, social and cognitive development come to be.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the basic characteristics and principles of human growth, human development and human behaviour.
- Predict the factors which impact on individuals' choice and participation across the lifespan.
- Deconstruct change in human behaviour into influences of heredity/person, environment and demands of the task.
- Describe conditions that commonly present during certain stages of growth and development.
- Overview, lifespan, growth and motor development
- Motor development in infancy
- Senses, perceptual, cognitive and psychosocial development
- 1-2 year olds – physical, cognitive and psychosocial development, play and language
- Fundamental movement skills, cognitive and psychosocial development
- Overview of motor and social behaviours of primary school age children, adolescence, young and middle adulthood, and older adults
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Study the influences on typical human growth and development with a focus on emerging motor and social behaviours.
Learn the different aspects of human development across the three domains of development: physical, cognitive and psychosocial. Explore models of lifelong human development, motor development models, physical growth and physiological changes across the five primary periods of the lifespan.
Examine the influences on pre and post-natal growth and motor development, as well as visual perceptual, social and cognitive development and its influence across the lifespan. Understand how cultural influences impact an individual’s experience of lifespan growth and development.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Community Health degree.
- Assignment (50%)
- Portfolio (50%)