Introduction to Engineering Physics
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
1. Explain relevant physical phenomena clearly and accurately in the appropriate terminology.
2. Relate basic laws and principles of physics to practical applications in engineering.
3. Express well-defined relationships between physical quantities as formulae.
4. Accurately perform calculations on a range of problem-solving exercises.
5. Analyse, process and accurately present experimental data obtained from physics experiment simulations.
6. Demonstrate understanding of the underlying principles in good quality physics experiment simulations.
- Introductory concepts
- Energy and momentum
- Rotational motion and gravity
- Vibrations, waves and sound
- Solids and fluids
- Electrostatics and current electricity
- Direct-current circuits and magnetism
- Reflection and refraction of light
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Introduction to Engineering Physics is an algebra-based introductory course in Physics for students requiring a physics background.
In this course, you’ll be introduced to the study of the physical world and will develop your knowledge and understanding of some of the basic laws and principles of physics and their practical applications to engineering.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a course from UniSA Online’s Associate Degree in Engineering.