Introduction to Construction Management
Lay the foundations for further study in the building industry. Understand the building process including roles, objectives and regulations. Get to know the life cycle of building projects. Consider how you might build sustainably.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Jun 2020
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Outline the history, characteristics and external environment of the construction industry.
- Identify the key principles of sustainable development and the role of sustainable construction.
- Distinguish and explain the roles and interactions of sectors, professions, business entities, regulatory and advisory bodies involved in the industry.
- Describe the building process and explain the roles, duties and relationships of the members of the building team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key elements of management of construction organisations and projects.
- Introduction to Construction Management
- The construction industry: History and place in society
- The construction industry: Activities, actors and synergy
- Project lifecycle: Design and tender
- Project lifecycle: Pre-construction, construction and commissioning
- Site organisation and management
- Sustainable construction
- Time management
- Quality management
- Cost management
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Gain essential technical skills and knowledge of the construction industry to launch or advance your career.
Study the entire lifecycle of construction projects including the different stages and processes, the information required, and which stakeholders are involved in each stage.
Build your knowledge of the characteristics of the construction industry, the building process and gain skills in project management theory and principles.
Discover what makes a building sustainable and how environmental impacts are avoided.
Study the tools and techniques construction professionals use to ensure projects are delivered at a high-quality, on time and within budget.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Construction Management degree.
- Continuous Assessment (50%)
- Report (50%)
Textbooks are not required.