Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the basic functions of macronutrients, their common sources, and their role in energy balance and general wellbeing.
- Evaluate the diets of individuals according to sound nutritional criteria, use current guidelines to provide appropriate general advice on nutrition and identify the strengths and limitations of commonly used methods for measuring and analysing dietary intake.
- Describe the relationship between diet and specific lifestyle diseases.
- Critically evaluate evidence that underpins nutrition advice.
- Dietary assessment and planning a healthy diet
- Fad diets and nutrition myths
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Study the relationship between diet, nutrition, exercise, and health.
By the end of this course, you’ll have the knowledge to provide general advice to healthy clients. Explore nutrient sufficiency, key sources of macronutrients, micronutrients, fibre and alcohol in our diet, and methods to assess an individual’s diet. You’ll also learn to plan a healthy diet against guidelines including recommended serves/portions depending on age, sex, and physical activity. Discover new trends in nutrition, fad diets and where to find reputable and evidence-based sources of information.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition and Exercise) degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- 2000 words (40%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.