Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and values of health promotion.
- Identify health promotion strategies for reducing health inequities and promoting population health.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of theory in health promotion.
- Understand basics of health promotion evaluation.
- Critically appraise health promotion interventions and evaluations.
- Introduction to key health promotion theories
- Social determinants of health
- Behaviour change and health promotion
- Settings based approaches to health promotion
- Understanding the evidence base
- Ethics and health promotion
- Communicating health promotion
- Leadership, advocacy and project management
- Community development and community engagement
- Working in health promotion
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Build your knowledge of health promotion principles, values and approaches for reducing health inequities and promoting population health.
Regardless of whether you work as a health promotion officer, nutritionist, exercise physiologist, policy maker or politician, you’ll gain foundational knowledge of health promotion principles and values that can be applied in your role.
This course has been structured on the International Union for Health Promotion and Education Core Competencies and Professional Standards for Health Promotion. This is the basis on which health promotion practitioners are regulated and accredited, giving you a taste for the breadth of knowledge required to work in this field.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Public Health degree.
- Assignment (40%)
- Portfolio (60%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.