Foundations of Human Resource Management
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the main technical activities and responsibilities of human resource managers.
- Identify the implications of current and recent economic and sociological pressures on human resource management.
- Develop effective organisational responses to legal, political and ethical issues and developments which impinge on human resource practices and policies.
- Determine the changing roles and competencies of human resource practitioners in response to strategic and environmental modifications.
- Provide constructive feedback in a team setting.
- Strategic HRM
- Job, Analysis and Design
- Attraction and Recruitment
- Selecting and Onboarding
- Performance Assessment and Management
- Training and Development
- Managing Diversity
- Employee Relations, Wellbeing and Law
- Assessing HRM
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Foundations of Human Resource Management introduces you to the key issues faced in HR strategy and planning today.
HR managers must be strategic and align human resource strategy to the organisation's strategic objectives. HR strategic planning as well as policies and practices are all required to achieve the organisation's overall strategic objectives. In this course, you will be introduced to the functions and roles of HR management as a strategic platform to support an organisation's competitive advantage. The course is presented as a lifecycle, starting with the need for strategic plans. You’ll work through job analysis, recruitment and selection, managing and measuring performance, compensation and rewards, as well as training and development.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s HR degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Case Study - 2000 words (40%)
- Continuous Assessment (60%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.