Fluid and Energy Engineering
Your upfront cost: $0
- 18 Sep 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe and apply the fundamentals of fluid properties, fluid mechanics and heat transfer to engineering systems and components.
- Apply the continuity, energy and momentum equations to incompressible flow situations
- Apply the general energy equation to energy transfer devices such as pipe systems, nozzles, turbines and pumps.
- Explain and apply the basic governing principles of fluid flow in channels, pipelines and duct systems.
- Fluid mechanics: units and dimensions
- Fluid properties and fluid statics
- Energy and momentum
- Machinery heat transfer
- Dimensional analysis
- Pipe flow systems
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course aims to develop your understanding of fluid mechanics and heat transfer. You will also learn to apply these fundamentals to common engineering systems.
You’ll study a variety of topics including fluid mechanics, properties, statics and pipe flow systems.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a course from UniSA Online’s Associate Degree in Engineering.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Continuous assessment (60%)
- Portfolio (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).