Financial Markets and Institutions
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify and describe the characteristics of key financial instruments
- Describe the functions, operations and roles of the financial markets, financial institutions, and key participants.
- Explain the concepts of risk and return and their measurement.
- Price financial instruments using simple valuation models.
- Display a comprehension of basic theories of interest rate determination, and the term structure of interest rates.
- Demonstrate Business Enterprise Skills in the context of the Finance discipline.
- Overview of the Australian Financial System
- The Share Market
- Time Value of Money
- The Money Market
- The Bond Market
- Financial Institutions
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Study the operations and functions of financial markets and financial institutions. Throughout your course, you’ll focus on how markets work, how instruments are priced, how they are traded, and why they are used.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Financial Planning degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Project - 1500 words (40%)
- Invigilated Exam - 2.5 hours (60%)
Current study term: 26 Jun 22 to 02 Sep 22
Financial Institutions and Markets, 8th ed. (eBook)
Hunt, B. and Terry, C.