Financial Accounting 3
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Jun 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Be able to apply the International Accounting Standards in the context of a group of companies.
- Appreciate issues related to the preparation of general-purpose reports for alternate business structures.
- Recognise and explain the theoretical principles and development processes that influence the development of International Accounting Standards.
- Communicate in a professional manner in writing to both an accounting and non-accounting audience.
- Property, Plant and Equipment Part 1: Recognition and Measurement
- Property, Plant and Equipment Part 2: Impairment
- Consolidations Part 1: Control, accounting for groups at acquisition date
- Consolidations Part 2: Pre-acquisition entries subsequent periods
- Consolidations Part 3: Intragroup inventory transactions
- Consolidations Part 4: Intragroup Property, Plant and Equipment
- Consolidations Part 5: Non-controlling interest
- Accounting for Associates (Equity accounting)
- Foreign currency
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Extend your understanding of corporate accounting and reporting requirements. Learn about the challenges that affect the preparation of general-purpose financial reports by groups of companies.
A high level of understanding of previous accounting courses, such as Accounting for Business, Financial Accounting 1 and Financial Accounting 2 is required for this course.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Accounting degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Memo and Letter - 1500 words (30%)
- Invigilated Exam - 3 hours (70%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).