Financial Accounting 2
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise and appreciate the conceptual, statutory, and professional requirements that impinge upon the preparation of general-purpose financial reports.
- Apply specific statutory and professional requirements in the preparation of general-purpose financial reports.
- Analyse financial reporting issues by applying relevant accounting standards and research.
- Discuss relevant issues and theories underlying the development of specific accounting standards.
- General Purpose Financial Statements
- Other Disclosure Issues
- Provisions and Contingent Liabilities
- Accounting for Leases
- Accounting for Tax
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Learn to prepare financial reports that adhere to accounting standards and procedures. Throughout this course, you’ll gain the skills to read and apply accounting standards as well as adapt to new standards as they continue to change in the industry.
A high level of understanding of previous accounting courses, such as Accounting for Business and Financial Accounting 1, is necessary to be able to prepare group accounts.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Accounting degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- 2500 words (30%)
- 3 hours (70%)