Enrolments for this year have closed. Apply for 2022
- 04 Apr 2022
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts, laws, principles and techniques of Statics, as well as their applications in civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering.
- Develop free-body diagrams to depict physical configurations and force systems that govern the behaviour of a physical body, in parts or as a whole, for effectively analysing and solving mechanics problems.
- Analyse and calculate the aggregated effect of a system of forces and moments on the equilibrium state and behaviour of an engineering object or structure, in parts or as a whole, in a plane or in space.
- Assess the basic effects of forces on the behaviour and motion of engineering objects in non-equilibrium conditions.
- Apply Mechanics principles and equations to define problems and constraints; to extract critical information to develop solutions; and to communicate the results and problem-solving processes.
- Introduction, Mechanics Principles and Vectors
- Equivalent Force System
- Free Body Diagram and Equilibrium
- Planar Truss
- Introduction to Dynamics
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Mechanics is the science which describes and predicts the conditions of rest or motion of bodies under the action of forces. Your course focuses on the mechanics of rigid bodies, concentrating on statics and also introduces you to dynamics. You’ll develop systematic approaches to solving mechanics problems that you will use throughout your engineering career.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Associate Degree in Engineering.
Current study term: 03 Apr 22 to 10 Jun 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.