Enablement and Dignity in Aged Care
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss principles that underpin the rights of a person to have choice and control in an Aged Care context.
- Demonstrate person and family centred care.
- Discuss dignity versus risk in relation to Aged Care practice.
- Explain the application of person-centred care in an Aboriginal context.
- Self determination
- Dignity as a human right
- Consumer directed care
- The theory and practice of decision making
- Supported decision making
- Person centred care within the context of Aboriginal Australians
- Rural aged care service supports
- Enablement theory and application
- Maintaining physical, cognitive, and social functioning
- Dignity through enablement
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Build your knowledge of the principles that underpin person-centred care and develop the skills to support an individual’s right to make choices.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a greater understanding of the practical ways in which aged care workers enable and support the dignity of older people while allowing them to stay in control over matters which are important to them.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a course from UniSA Online’s Aged Care programs. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- 1500 words (40%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.