Enablement and Dignity in Aged Care
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Jun 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss principles that underpin the rights of a person to have choice and control in an Aged Care context.
- Demonstrate person and family centred care.
- Discuss dignity versus risk in relation to Aged Care practice.
- Explain the application of person-centred care in an Aboriginal context.
- Self determination
- Dignity as a human right
- Consumer directed care
- The theory and practice of decision making
- Supported decision making
- Person centred care within the context of Aboriginal Australians
- Rural aged care service supports
- Enablement theory and application
- Maintaining physical, cognitive, and social functioning
- Dignity through enablement
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Build your knowledge of the principles that underpin person-centred care and develop the skills to support an individual’s right to make choices.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a greater understanding of the practical ways in which aged care workers enable and support the dignity of older people while allowing them to stay in control over matters which are important to them.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a course from UniSA Online’s Aged Care programs. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Portfolio (60%)
- Report - 1500 words (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).