Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Differentiate between the creation of different types of workplace relationships and the legal rights and obligations arising from those relationships.
- Identify how Australia's workplace relations framework creates a variety of rights and obligations in the workplace.
- Interpret and apply legal obligations surrounding termination of employment.
- Analyse the impact of employment obligations upon employers, including work health and safety, workers compensation, equality of opportunity/discrimination and adverse action legislation.
- Develop lawful and ethical recommendations for effective management strategies relating to aspects of employment law.
- Assess legal requirements to ensure lawful enterprise bargaining processes and lawful industrial action.
- Work Relationship
- Contract Formation
- Employer Duties
- Ending Employment
- Industrial Action
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Explore the major areas of employment law, including both common law principles and statute law. There are many 'sources' of employment law that provide rights and obligations to both parties in this field. In this course, you’ll gain an insight into what these sources are and will learn how to identify employment law issues in the workplace and provide recommendations to resolve them.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s HR degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Continuous assessment (60%)
- Report (40%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.