Electrical and Electronic Systems
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate and appreciate the context of electrical and electronic systems in the areas of electrical, mechanical, and civil engineering applications.
- Identify and understand the function of electrical and electronic components and analyse simple circuits and systems.
- Explain the fundamental properties of electrical energy, its generation, transmission, distribution, and utilisation.
- Apply basic electrical instrumentation and associated electronics to measurements in physical systems, and to the control of simple devices.
- Describe fundamental electrical and electronic systems in the context of renewable energy and sustainability.
- Resistors and DC Analysis (Kirchoff’s Law)
- Diodes and LEDs
- Introduction to integrated circuits, relays and transistors
- Introduction to operational amplifiers
- Capacitors and Inductors
- AC circuit analysis
- Power in AC circuits
- Overview of Electricity Generation
- Types of Electricity Generation, Electricity transmission and stroage
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This course will introduce you to the concepts, applications, basic analysis and measurements in electrical and electronic systems. Electronic circuits will be described in terms of basic electrical quantities, components, and circuit analysis methods. Electrical systems such as power supply will be introduced in the context of renewable and non-renewable supply, transmission and storage.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a course from UniSA Online’s Associate Degree in Engineering.
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.