Look outside traditional marketing with this exploration of the latest practices in online marketing. Develop a digital marketing strategy. Break down the marketing tech-stack. Connect with customers in a more targeted and measurable way.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Develop and employ digital marketing strategies to improve business performance.
- Compare and contrast consumer behaviour in traditional (offline) versus digital contexts.
- Analyse the impacts of distinct types of digital marketing communications on business performance.
- Analyse social and ethical issues in globalised electronic markets.
- Identify emerging trends in digital marketing.
- You’ll study the following topics:
- Introduction to digital marketing
- Digital marketing strategy
- Websites and mobile apps
- Social media and influencers marketing
- Online advertising and virtual reality
- Content marketing
- Marketing tech-stack
- Legal frameworks and cybersecurity
- Industry practitioners and upcoming trends
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this course you’ll develop an overview of how technology is used in marketing and be introduced to the latest practices in digital marketing. You'll see how digital marketing differs from traditional marketing and how you can apply that theory.
You'll gain the knowledge to make effective digital marketing decisions. Familiarise yourself with the distinct types of activity that constitute digital marketing, the key issues and challenges of digital marketing, and the ways in which digital marketing relates to traditional marketing activities.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Marketing and Communication degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Assignment (50%)
- Report (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).