Digital Graphics and Imaging
Build a toolkit of skills using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Understand the ‘big three’ concepts of visual communication: reader-centeredness, usability and persuasiveness. Cover editing, page layout, visual strategies and target audience.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply knowledge of communication design principles to a variety of computer graphics and imaging outputs.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the interaction between software programs used in the design industry and competency in file management techniques suitable for print.
- Demonstrate an expanded visual literacy.
- Apply a working knowledge of the audience in focussed communication design outcomes.
- Use an expanded design vocabulary to describe and reflect on the design process and output.
- Introduction to communication and design
- Image making and editing
- The fundamentals of dynamic composition
- Visual strategies and the audience
- Infographics: the theory
- Infographics: Theory in practice
- Logos and critiquing work
- Rationalising and communicating your work
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Learn essential skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and apply communication design principles for digital and print communication materials.
This is a fantastic introductory course for anyone wanting to upskill or gain new skills in digital design to broaden their career opportunities.
Download the latest Adobe Creative Cloud software for free. Understand how colour and typography can evoke different feelings and influence design. Learn to apply the ‘big three’ key concepts of visual communication: reader-centeredness, usability and persuasiveness.
Study the differences between pixel-based images and vector graphics and gain a working knowledge of the different file types used in each program.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Digital Media degree.
- Continuous Assessment (60%)
- Project (40%)