Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with the historic and contemporary strategies of documentary production.
- Conceptualise and develop engaging documentary stories.
- Display skilled and creative use of camera, sound and editing technologies and techniques.
- Adhere to professional practice expectations.
- Implement all stages of the documentary production cycle from concept to screen.
- You’ll study the following topics:
- Defining documentary
- Documentary storytelling
- Researching for documentary
- Documentary interviewing
- Documentary editing: editing the interview
- Documentary visuals
- Documentary sound
- Distributing and funding
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this course you’ll develop your skills in documentary filmmaking. You’ll also learn how to produce, direct, write, interview, record, and edit a documentary film. By the end of this course, you'll study a range of documentary films and complete all stages of the production process.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Digital Media degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Continuous assessment (60%)
- Project (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).