Data Acquisition and Wrangling
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Jun 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Assemble requirements and implement processes for data structuring, cleaning, and enrichment via utilising multiple tools.
- Identify the alignment required between data collection and analysis.
- Design sustainable data management processes that support the analysis and report phases.
- Create effective documentation reflecting the structure of data sets prepared for further analysis.
- Compare the privacy and ethical implications of sourcing internal and external data.
- Perform self-service data preparation.
- You’ll study the following topics:
- Data and the enterprise
- Introduction to data wrangling
- Data acquisition
- Data profiling
- Data transformations: structuring
- Cleaning and enriching data
- Data visualization
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this course you’ll design ingestion mechanisms, which takes data from existing databases and prepares it for further analysis and machine learning. You'll also learn about data-driven decision making and data quality. Develop your skills in data acquisition with Python and get into data wrangling tasks including data profiling, cleaning, transformation, and enrichment. Build detailed visualisations that help others to interpret what the data is saying. Explore industry use cases in Python, Tableau, and other data analysis software.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Data Analytics degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Continuous assessment (40%)
- Project (60%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).