Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Jun 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Evaluate the traditional procurement methods for construction projects.
- Summarise the key legal responsibilities of the parties to a construction contract.
- Critically analyse from a legal perspective the express contractual clauses to be found in the AS 4000standard form general conditions of construction contracts and relate to the contract administration procedures used on construction projects.
- Critically review and advise on construction contract administration case scenarios considering express contract clauses, relevant legislation and the common law.
- Project Stages and Procurement Paths
- Standard Forms of Contract and Nature of Contract
- Tendering and Contract Formation
- Security of Payment Legislation
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
No matter what construction profession you enter, a fundamental knowledge of law and contract administration is essential to your career.
Law touches upon the construction industry in many ways through legislation, law of contract, law of torts and equity law. This course builds upon the legal knowledge you have acquired in the Introduction to Contract Administration course. You’ll gain a good working knowledge of the key provisions of standard form commercial building contracts in Australia, using the Australia Standards 4000 (AS 4000) General Conditions of Contract as a foundation.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Construction Management degrees. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Continuous Assessment - 1600 words (40%)
- Case Study - 2000 words (60%)
Current study term: 26 Jun 22 to 02 Sep 22
General Conditions of Contract AS 4000-1997
Standards Association of Australia