Contemporary Issues in Accounting
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the role of the practising accountant and their professional societies in the development of accounting principles.
- Discuss the dominant approaches in accounting research.
- Appraise the theoretical validity and practical feasibility of proposed solutions for the reform of accounting principles.
- Apply the main features of accounting reforms.
- Demonstrate Business Enterprise Skills in the context of the Accounting discipline.
- The financial reporting environment
- Regulation: standard setting and the effects of international financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Measurement issues: valuation in changing prices and market conditions
- Measurement issues: accounting policy choice
- Unregulated decision making
- Measurement and recognition in practice: Accounting for agriculture
- Measurement and recognition in practice: Accounting for financial instruments
- Market and behavioural reactions to financial reporting
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Advance your accounting knowledge and explore some of the current and emerging challenges faced by accountants, professional bodies, and regulators in Australia and internationally.
Learn how decisions are made when it comes to determining how to reflect the economic activity of an organisation and what information should be disclosed. Understanding how these choices impact markets, the economy, society, and individuals is critical for future leaders in accounting.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Accounting degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Client briefing (50%)
- Examination (50%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.