Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe key aspects of consumer behaviour and market segmentation.
- Describe the complexities of consumer decision making processes.
- Apply widely generalised consumer behaviour models.
- Assess the value of scientific investigation of consumer behaviour issues.
- Apply consumer behaviour theory to practical marketing problems
- Demonstrate Business Enterprise Skills in the context of the Marketing discipline.
- Introduction and interpretating brand performance
- Understanding consumer behaviour
- Customer loyalty
- Patterns in repeat buying
- Memory and mental availability
- Influences on purchasing behaviour
- Patterns in belief and attitude data
- Word of mouth and customer satisfaction
- Store choice and shopper behaviour
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Ever wondered why people buy what they do, or how marketers can gain insights into what makes people purchase certain things?
This course takes a unique approach to understanding consumer behaviour and looks at the science and concepts behind purchasing decisions.
Discover empirically grounded theories and patterns that predict, and explain patterns, in buying behaviour. Learn to apply your knowledge of consumer behaviour models and theories to practical marketing problems in your current role. You’ll study the most cutting-edge developments in the marketing industry and will leave with up-to-the-minute knowledge that many practising marketers don’t know themselves.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Marketing degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- 2500 words (55%)