Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Select, apply, and present appropriate project scheduling approaches using computer-assisted techniques to calculate and manipulate the time needed to complete construction projects.
- Work in teams and provide results in a professional manner.
- Apply initiative and judgement for problem solving and decision making in complex issues regarding interactions of schedule, cost, and limited resources in the context of construction management.
- You’ll study the following topics:
- Introduction to time management
- Deterministic scheduling part 1: network calculations
- Deterministic scheduling part 2: critical path
- Stochastic scheduling
- Schedule monitoring, control, and rescheduling
- Resource smoothing and leveling
- Cost estimating and time phase budget
- Time/cost crashing
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this course, you’ll learn several methods used in construction projects for managing time and its relationship with cost. This includes breaking down a project into activities, selecting an appropriate scheduling method, carrying out the scheduling, and predicting the project cash flow. The course will also cover the application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) in assisting time and cost management.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Construction Management degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Quiz (40%)
- Project (60%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).