Construction Operations and Safety
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of how to plan, set up and manage an efficient and safe construction site.
- Evaluate resources and facilities required for construction site operations.
- Integrate knowledge of work health and safety laws applicable to construction sites.
- Generate and evaluate safe work conditions and methods at construction sites.
- Site organisation and operations management
- Site layout planning
- Construction productivity: concepts and measures
- Construction productivity: factors and improvement
- Introduction to construction safety
- Causes of construction accidents
- Work, health, and safety legislation
- Work, health, and safety regulations and code of practice
- Construction safety management practices
- Work, health, and safety and ergonomic issues
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Learn how to procure, set up, and manage all resources and services required to operate a safe and efficient construction site. Gain the skills to critique and evaluate work health and safety principles, procedures, and laws applicable to construction sites. By the end of this course, you’ll leave with the knowledge and skills required to be a successful construction site manager.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Construction Management degrees. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Project - 2000 words (50%)
- Continuous Assessment - 2000 words (50%)