Learn how to read and interpret 2D drawings for construction – including floor plans, sections and elevations. Build skills in 3D BIM modelling using tools such as Autodesk Revit. Consider the importance of communication throughout a project lifecycle.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 03 Apr 2023
- 18 Sep 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Present information to project stakeholders about a proposed construction project using a range of techniques such as technical specifications, 2D drawings, 3D models to help project stakeholders make informed decisions.
- Prepare a stakeholder engagement plan for a construction project to manage information required for making informed decisions at different stages of the project and to ensure key project participants are kept informed of the progress of the project.
- Use a range of different approaches to achieving effective collaboration among diverse stakeholders, including the client, architect, engineer, builder, quantity surveyor, building surveyor, facilities manager and others involved in design, delivery and operation of construction projects.
- Use current innovative information and communication technologies used in the construction industry, such as Building Information Modelling (BIM), to achieve improved productivity in a construction project.
- Communication processes
- Project stakeholders and communication
- Collaborative work strategy & Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- BIM Tool Application 1
- BIM Tool Application 2
- Communicating and collaborating in BIM
- Project Stakeholders and Communication
- Collaborative Work Strategy 1
- Collaborative Work Strategy 2
- Drawings and specifications – part 1
- Drawings and specifications – part 2
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Become an effective communicator in the construction industry. Learn 2D manual drafting to read and interpret 2D drawings such as floor plans, sections and elevations of a building. Gain skills in 3D BIM modelling using tools like Autodesk Revit. As part of your studies, you’ll undertake a hypothetical construction project to build your dream house. You’ll learn to develop a communication and stakeholder engagement plan and produce technical drawings to effectively communicate important stages throughout the project’s lifecycle.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Construction Management degrees.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Project (50%)
- Practical (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).