Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of construction methods commonly used within industrial and commercial buildings.
- Compare building materials and systems and their appropriateness for use in various construction cases.
- Appraise aspects involved in project preliminaries, temporary works, services coordination, and associated site operations.
- Display knowledge in respect to industrial/commercial construction drawings and details.
- Break down the sequencing and coordination of building elements.
- Industrial Steel Frames
- Concrete Floors
- Structural Timber and Reinforced Masonry
- Multi-Storey Buildings
- Multi-Storey Structural Systems
- Flooring for Multi-Storey Buildings
- Cladding for Multi-Storey Buildings
- Roofs and Interior Fitouts
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Study advanced concepts within building construction for commercial and multi-storey buildings. Learn about the design and construction of industrial and commercial buildings.
Get an insight into the operation of commercial building companies. To be successful in this course, you will need to draw and build upon your previous studies in the Construction 1 and Construction Communication courses.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Construction Management degrees. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Report - 1000 words (35%)
- Report - 1900 words (65%)