Communication Research Methods
Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Sep 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of research methods and their application in a range of situations relevant to professional communication practice.
- Apply knowledge of research methodology to the use of research in communication practice, and its use in media industries.
- Investigate and apply appropriate research methods to generate useful data for decision making and action.
- Analyse and interpret detailed quantitative and qualitative data and communicate complex research findings in a professional and accessible manner.
- Contemplate and analyse the implications of the use of research data in various sectors and the wider consequences of the use of personal and private data in a range of societal settings.
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Research as Problem Solving
- Ways of Thinking and Research
- Secondary Research
- Language and Research
- Field Studies and Case Studies
- Data Analysis, Interpretation and Evaluation
- Communicating Research
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Communication professionals are required to develop plans and strategies using data and evidence from strategically planned and designed research. Research is also used to demonstrate that particular initiatives meet measurable strategic objectives, deliver results and are accurate and credible.
In this course, you’ll gain the skills to critically assess, analyse and interpret information from a range of sources. You’ll also learn essential logical and critical thinking concepts to develop the advanced analytical skills required in the communications industry.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Communication degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Continuous assessment (60%)
- Project (40%)
Current study term: 18 Sep 22 to 25 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.