Communication Management in Practice
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate developed business skills relating to communication management.
- Critique business practices and processes with the communication and media industries.
- Demonstrate awareness of leadership and entrepreneurial practices.
- Organisational Structure and Culture
- Leadership, management, and the importance of communication
- Internal communication and employee engagement
- The business of communication management and business development
- Business communication and professionalism
- Financial literacy and communication budgets
- Corporate identity, reputation, and corporate social responsibility
- Sponsorship as a communication strategy
- Leveraging and measuring sponsorship activity
- CSR and sponsorship in practice
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Gain an in-depth understanding of critical business functions and skills, including budgeting, financial reporting, the processes of evaluation, consultancy practice, business development, presentation skills, entrepreneurship, and leadership.
This is a practical course where you’ll be required to demonstrate and apply your knowledge and understanding of advanced communication theories, particularly in relation to networking, creative industry policies, communication technology and theories of persuasion.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Communication degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Project - 1800 (40%)
- Continuous Assessment - 2700 words (60%)