Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the nature and role of business information systems, of business intelligence and analytics in contributing to the delivery of business value and competitive advantage in modern organisations.
- Differentiate the concepts of strategic information management, business analytics, business performance management and measurement.
- Compare and evaluate key analytics methods, be able to discuss the pros and cons of data mining methods.
- Choose appropriate business intelligence and analytics tools and techniques to implement a business strategy.
- Use business intelligence and analytics software tools to solve real world problems and interpret results.
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Business Intelligence and Performance Management
- Data Visualisation
- Business Intelligence Lifecycle
- Business Analytics
- Enterprise Data Mining
- Web Mining
- Information Management
- Privacy, Ethics and Legal Considerations
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
The use of data in management decision making is essential for organisations of all sizes to be able to uncover and respond to opportunities and threats. The fields of business intelligence and analytics (including data mining) have consistently been top investment priorities, and with the new capacities of self-serve, visualisations and cloud-based (web-based) technologies, organisations are becoming even more information rich.
The course explores how professionals can use information systems and business intelligence to conduct an analysis of business operations and performance for enhanced decision making. Be introduced to concepts, processes and technologies in business intelligence and business analytics, and learn to use selected analytics, to interpret solutions for business-related problems and provide relevant business advice.
This is a great course for those who have not had experience with business intelligence, and who don’t come from a technical background.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Data Analytics degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- 1.5 hours (50%)
- 3000 words (50%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.