Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Sep 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate the scientific principles that underpin the operation of specific building services and engineering functions.
- Interpret the design and operation of supply services in domestic and commercial construction.
- Assess the design and operation of conditioning internal environments and other engineering services systems in multi-storey buildings, and the implications that such systems have in the construction process.
- Summarise the building surveying context of building services.
- Display information on building service engineering functions using Building Information Models individually or in teams.
- Briefing and Design
- Regulatory Compliance
- Airconditioning Systems and Compliance I
- Airconditioning Systems and Compliance II
- Hydraulic Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Contract Documents, BIM & Clash Detection
- Shop Drawings & Offsite Fabrication
- Construction & Commissioning
- Operating, Maintenance & Post-Occupancy
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Discover the scientific principles used in the design and management of enclosed environments in residential and commercial buildings. Explore electrical, airconditioning, plumbing and hydraulics services within buildings.
The proportion of the construction budget devoted to services compared with the fabric of the building is becoming larger as buildings become more sophisticated. Study various topics such as thermal comfort, heat load analysis, air conditioning processes, plant selection, and sizing. Learn about the design of hot and cold water supply, drainage systems and effluent, electrical supply and distribution systems, and vertical transportation.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Construction Management and Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours).
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Project (60%)
- Continuous assessment (40%)
Current study term: 18 Sep 22 to 25 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.