Building Healthy Public Policy
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain how organisational, legislative and regulatory structures and service delivery systems influence population health and wellbeing through policy.
- Describe the range of factors that influence health policy development and its implementation.
- Analyse the feasibility of a population level public health policy.
- Explain the principles of economic evaluation to public health programs, and Aboriginal programs, focusing on the allocation of resources relative to need.
- Evaluate population health activities with respect to ethical principles including maleficence, beneficence, equity and justice.
- Introduction to Healthy Public Policy
- Policy Development Stages
- Setting a Population Health Agenda
- Formulating Policy
- Adoption and Implementation
- Evaluating Policy: Economic and Financial Evaluation
- Evaluating Policy: Response and Results of Policy
- Identifying Health Inequalities, Promoting Health and Advocacy
- Health Impact of Non-Health Related Policy
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Advance your knowledge of how public policy affects public health. Explore the public policy development process consisting of steps such as agenda setting, policy formulation, and evaluation. Through these concepts, you’ll be able to assess and inform the development of public policy in relation to positive public health outcomes. You'll have opportunities to reflect on your own experiences and will also get the chance to apply your knowledge in activities which focus on specific public health issues.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Public Health degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- 3000 words (60%)
- 1500 words (40%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.