Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the building estimating role.
- Break down and cost building works from a contracting standpoint.
- Produce competitive tender submissions for building projects.
- Display knowledge of project procurement processes.
- Demolition, Earthworks and Tendering
- Concrete, Subcontractors/Suppliers and Computer Applications
- Timber & Carpentry; Overheads and Documentation
- Masonry, Cost Summaries, Contingencies and GST
- Structural Steelwork & Competitive Techniques
- Roofing, Preliminaries, Profit and Overheads
- Building Services, Internal Linings & Flooring; Tender Letters and Forms
- Finishing Works and Contract Types
- Procurement Practices, Unethical Practices and Contract Negotiation
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Study the processes involved in building cost estimating and tendering within the construction industry, from the contractor's perspective.
You’ll cover a range of topics including building estimating and tendering and using unit rates to cost major building trades including site works, concrete works, carpentry, brickwork, structural steel, roofing, and finishing trades.
Gain the skills to assess project preliminaries, overheads, and profit. Explore competitive techniques, project procurement, tender preparation, tender negotiations and post-tender administration.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Construction Management degrees. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- 2700 words (60%)
- 4x1 hour (40%)