Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate developed ability in writing for broadcast (news/current affairs/documentaries).
- Demonstrate the ability to compile reports.
- Develop competence in broadcast writing and reporting.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of current issues reported in Australian and international broadcast media outlets.
- Identify key ethical and legal obligations associated with broadcast reporting.
- Introduction to Broadcasting Industries
- Writing for Broadcast Journalism
- Radio Story Formats and Storytelling with Audio
- Radio Recording and Editing Sound
- Video Story Formats
- Video Storytelling
- Video Recording and Editing
- Future of Broadcast Journalism
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
If you love telling stories, this course is for you. These days, journalists require more than just traditional writing and interviewing skills. Modern journalists have digital and technical skills that allow them to tell news stories across a range of different mediums such as radio, television and online. In this course, you’ll learn how to write, report, and edit audio and video news stories using industry-standard software.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Communication degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Continuous assessment (40%)
- Project (60%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.