Big Data Analytics
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe how data analytics on big data can be used within an organisation to improve current processes and decision making, and to enhance the organisation's capabilities or products.
- Describe the data analytics lifecycle for big data and apply it to constrained problems in big data analytics.
- Develop an appropriate storage structure for big data sets.
- Select an appropriate big data analytics tool and apply it to a problem involving big data.
- Communicate appropriately with professional colleagues through visualisation and report.
- Introduction to Big Data Analytics
- NoSQL Databases
- Data Acquisition
- Big Data Storage
- Batch Analysis
- Real Time Analysis
- Interactive Querying
- Big Data Search
- Big Data Stacks and Applications
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Learn the tools and techniques of data analytics for big data. The ability to process and utilise big data is becoming more important than ever. Big data analytics is the process of using big data to uncover hidden patterns, unknown correlations, market trends, customer preferences and other useful information that can help organisations make better-informed decisions.
Learn the concepts of big data analytics, the skills of big data storage, processing and analysis with the Hadoop framework. You will also be introduced to the most popular data analysis tools and how to use a popular analysis platform to apply these tools.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Data Analytics degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- 2 hours (40%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.