Applications in Nutrition and Exercise
Your upfront cost: $0
- 18 Sep 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Synthesise contemporary literature that supports the need and rationale for the proposed project in the field of nutrition and/or exercise.
- Apply an ethical framework to develop, plan and evaluate a research project in the community or workplace.
- Demonstrate advanced written and oral communication skills through presentation of the plan and its implementation.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically reflect on the development and quality of the project, impact and outcomes and identify learning(s) that has taken place.
- Overview of research
- Presenting the problem and designing the method
- Experimental and descriptive research
- Qualitative and epidemiological research
- Questionnaires, surveys, software and standardised tests
- Ethics in research
- Data analysis and statistics
- Research budget and timeline
- Reporting research
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Develop a research proposal in an area of nutrition and exercise you’re passionate about. You’ll learn how to present the problem you’re focusing on and strategies to design the research method. You’ll cover a range of topics including data analysis, how budgets and timelines are presented, research ethics, and reporting.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Nutrition and Exercise degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Portfolio (50%)
- Proposal (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).