Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history, methods and principles of animation and how they are created.
- Design and produce animated work through creative experimentation with animation techniques.
- Apply the skill to operate studio equipment and computer programs required to create animated work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic film production as it applies to animation.
- Character Design and Tools for Animation
- Key Poses and Blocking
- Extreme Poses
- Breakdown Poses and Inbetweening
- Straight Ahead Animation
- Clean Up, Colour and Video Export
- Motion Graphics
- After Effects
- Typography, Effects and Layer Styles
- Keep Moving Forward
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Ignite your passion for animation design and learn to create visual stories using static or moving images.
This course builds on your graphic design skills by further developing your knowledge of image, typography, and character design. You’ll apply design principles to 2D animation techniques and explore time and motion, as well as visual movement synchronised with sound.
Develop animations through the development of narrative and theme, while exploring experimental production techniques using relevant media and technologies. You’ll also build your understanding of the history, and development of principles and techniques of animation design.
By the end of this course, you will have learnt a great set of new skills that you can apply in a range of digital media roles across your career.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Digital Media degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Project - 1800 words (40%)
- Continuous assessment - 2700 words (60%)