Advanced Contract Administration
Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Critically evaluate specialised procurement methods for construction projects.
- Critically analyse from a legal perspective the express subcontracting, latent conditions, indemnities, insurance, security, defective work, determination, claims and dispute resolution contractual clauses to be found in the AS 4000 standard form general conditions of construction contracts and relate to the contract administration procedures used on construction projects.
- Explain the construction industry insolvency problem and how contractors may try to protect themselves against insolvency
- Compare and contrast the various methods of dispute resolution used in the construction industry.
- Latent Conditions
- Defective Works
- Contract Indemnities and Insurances
- Contract Security
- Contract Termination
- Claims and Dispute Resolution
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Project Alliancing and PPPs
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Whichever construction profession you enter, a fundamental knowledge of law and contract administration is essential to your career. Law touches upon the construction industry in many ways through legislation, law of contract, law of torts, and equity law. This course covers a range of topics including public private partnerships, project alliancing, subcontracting, latent conditions, contract indemnities, insurances and securities, contract determination, dispute resolution, insolvency, personal property securities legislation and methods of dispute resolution.
This course aims to give you a good working knowledge of the key provisions of standard form commercial building contracts in Australia, using the Australia Standards 4000 (AS4000) General Conditions of Contract as a foundation.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Construction Management degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Case study (40%)
- Continuous assessment (60%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.