Accounting for Business
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 18 Sep 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the role of the accounting profession in business.
- Identify accounting as an information process for business decision making and describe the workings of the accounting cycle.
- Explain the accounting equation and the determination of financial position.
- Discuss the basic accounting concepts, principles and procedures
- Analyse and interpret financial accounting information from a management and user perspective.
- Demonstrate Business Enterprise Skills in the context of Accounting.
- Introduction to accounting, organisations, and the accounting process
- Recording accounting information
- Preparation of financial statements from Accounting data
- Accounting for inventory
- Decision making – analysing accounting information
- Statement of cash flows
- Accounting – A conceptual overview
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Learn to record and interpret accounting information in a business environment. Gain the skills to analyse, interpret and present financial accounting information to stakeholders within an organisation.
In this course, you’ll be challenged to apply your knowledge in practical scenarios. The maths knowledge required in this course doesn’t get any more difficult than adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, or calculating percentages. Your knowledge of fundamental concepts and basic accounting processes will set you up well for your future career.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Accounting degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Continuous assessment (50%)
- Invigilated Examination (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).