The Context of the Health and Community Services
Come to understand how health and community services can help disadvantaged individuals, groups, communities and regions.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
- 25 Oct 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- describe and explain the structure and function of the health and community service systems and explain how these influence organisational roles, responsibilities and practices;
- explore how the social determinants of health impact on the health and well-being outcomes of diverse groups, and discuss how the health and community services systems seek to address these;
- compare and contrast the perspectives of stakeholders in health and social care; and
- explain how core concepts in health and social care and stakeholder perspectives shape and change the context of health and community services.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - Please refer students to link for requirements: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component.
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
This subject introduces the health and community services and how these aim to enhance outcomes related to health and well-being, particularly for marginalised and disadvantaged individuals, groups, communities and regions.
Multiple choice: 500 words; Relates to Learning Outcomes: 3, 4 Written Assessment: 1000 words; Relates to Learning Outcomes: 2, 4 Online Quiz, multiple choice: 1500 words; Relates to Learning Outcomes: 1-4
- Multiple choice (20%)
- Written Assessment (30%)
- Online Quiz, multiple choice (50%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 24 Sep 21
Understanding The Australian Health Care System
Willis, E., Reynolds, L. and Judge, T.
Next study term: 24 Oct 21 to 04 Feb 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.