Strategic Project Management for Sport and Events
Your upfront cost: $0
- 24 Oct 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of project management principles and approaches as they apply to sport and events;
- use a range of cognitive and communication skills to identify, evaluate and compare relevant information from a range of sources on current frameworks used in the practice of project management in order to demonstrate judgement and analytical skills in solving sometimes complex sport business-related problems;
- work independently and/or collaboratively to plan and execute tasks to enhance professional knowledge and skills; and
- demonstrate the ability to recognise, reflect on, and respond appropriately to a range of ethical, cultural or social issues influencing the practice of project management in the context of sport and events.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
No eligibility requirements
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
Sport and event practitioners manage projects and need to harness a wide variety of resources to meet finite goals. This subject will equip you with the management skills you need to successfully establish sports teams and competitions, manage sporting events and promotional campaigns, develop and manage facilities, and develop fitness programs. You will learn to apply a well-structured project management approach that works in the sports industry, and more specifically, in sports events management. By studying this subject, you will develop knowledge of a team-based system of management, which is common in the sports industry, and blends various resources to achieve the desired outcomes.
Online Tests: 10 x multiple choice at 4% each. 1500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Case Study: 4 x short answer questions. 1000 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Formal Business Report: 2500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Discussion Forum - Contribution: 500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4
- Online Tests (40%)
- Case Study (20%)
- Formal Business Report (30%)
- Discussion Forum (10%)
Current study term: 23 Oct 22 to 02 Dec 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.