Sport Management in the Global Context
Your upfront cost: $0
- 24 Oct 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this unit, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of globalisation in sport, and apply this to business-related issues;
- use a range of cognitive and communication skills to identify, evaluate and compare relevant information from a range of sources on current frameworks used in the practice of sport management in order to demonstrate judgement and analytical skills in solving sometimes complex sport business-related problems;
- work independently and/or collaboratively to plan and execute tasks to enhance professional knowledge and skills; and
- demonstrate the ability to recognise, reflect on, and respond appropriately to a range of ethical, cultural or social issues influencing the practice and commercialisation of sport business.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
No eligibility requirements
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
Explore the sports industry, its management and the global marketplace for sports in this engaging unit. You will examine and analyse sporting leagues, teams, competitions and events, as well as individual components of sport and the sports industry. Drawing on a range of information, readings and resources as well as international case studies, you will examine the global sport management environment across many levels from professional to amateur. By studying this subject, you will develop a general knowledge of the management of sport and the global marketplace across many jurisdictions and apply this to business-related issues.
Online Quiz: 10 x multiple choice at 4%. 1500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Case Study: 4 x short answer questions. 1000 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Formal Business Report: 2500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Discussion Forum - Consultation: 500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4
- Online Quiz (40%)
- Case Study (20%)
- Formal Business Report (30%)
- Discussion Forum (10%)
Current study term: 23 Oct 22 to 02 Dec 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.