Sport Management in the Global Context
Your upfront cost: $0
- 04 Nov 2019
- 02 Mar 2020
- 29 Jun 2020
- 26 Oct 2020
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
Upon completion of this subject, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of globalisation in sport, and apply this to business-related issues;
- use a range of cognitive and communication skills to identify, evaluate and compare relevant information from a range of sources on current frameworks used in the practice of sport management in order to demonstrate judgement and analytical skills in solving sometimes complex sport business-related problems;
- work independently and/or collaboratively to plan and execute tasks to enhance professional knowledge and skills; and
- demonstrate the ability to recognise, reflect on, and respond appropriately to a range of ethical, cultural or social issues influencing the practice and commercialisation of sport business.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
This subject provides a contextual overview and analysis of the global sports industry examining leagues, teams, competitions and events as well as individual components of sport and the sport industry. In addition, the global sport management environment will be examined across many levels from professional to amateur with a view to developing a general knowledge of the management of sport and the global marketplace from the perspective of many jurisdictions. A range of information, readings and resources as well as international case studies will form the basis for this subject.
Online Quiz: 10 x multiple choice at 4% each. 1500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Case Study: 4 x short answer questions. 1000 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Formal Business Report: 2500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4 Discussion Forum - Contribution: 500 words. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4
- Online Quiz (40%)
- Case Study (20%)
- Formal Business Report (30%)
- Discussion Forum (10%)
Textbook information is pending.
Textbook information is pending.