- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects moodle site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Overview Notes
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations)
- OtherDetails -
It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete their subjects.
UNE's minimum requirements for all students in relation to the hardware and software a student requires to support their learning are found at: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
This subject trains students in effective oral communication skills (in English) for public presentation in a variety of 'real world' environments and on-line. It develops skills in speech writing and analysis, performance, and the use of appropriate presentation technologies.
Note: This subject is designed for native speakers of English. Students who have English as a second language are welcome, but the subject is not intended to help with difficulties caused by unfamiliar accents.
Assessment 1 15% 750 (equivalent) Introductory Speech: 3 minute speech and 250 word exegesis. Relates to Learning Outcomes (LO): 1, 2 Assessment 2 15% Online 1000 Online Discussion: Structured forum participation. Relates to Learning Outcomes (LO) LO: 1 Assessment 3 30% 1250 (equivalent) Speech and PowerPoint Presentation: 5 minute speech and 500 word exegesis.Relates to Learning Outcomes (LO): 1-3 Assessment 4 40% 1750 (equivalent) Major Speech: 5 minute speech and 1000 word exegesis. Relates to Learning Outcomes (LO) : 1-3 All assessment must be completed.
- Introductory Speech: 3 minute speech & 250 word exegesis (15%%)
- Online Discussion: Structured Forum Participation (15%%)
- Speech and PowerPoint Presentation: 5 minute speech and 500 word exegesis (30%%)
- Major Speech: 5 minute speech and 1000 word exegesis (40%%)