Software Development Studio 1
Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
- 02 Mar 2020
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- explain how data and information is represented within a computer system and how it is manipulated to solve problems in a range of disciplines;
- solve problems and design software solutions using a high-level programming language and a range of technologies, protocols and algorithms;
- apply basic collaborative software development practices to work effectively with team members on small-scale software development projects;
- understand basic interaction design principles and apply these to the development of interactive software; and
- demonstrate effectively written and oral communication skills to convey information, approaches and design decisions to a range of audiences.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects moodle site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - Please refer students to link for requirements: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component.
- TravelDetails - Travel may be required to attend the Final Examination for this subject.
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
Software development is a collaborative undertaking that requires the integration of different technologies to build solutions that are elegant and intuitive.
This subject introduces students to the fundamentals of how software is produced. They will develop a strong understanding of how data is represented and manipulated within a computer system by solving problems in a series of collaborative software development tasks. Students will build interactive software in a high-level programming language and apply the skills needed to effectively communicate design choices.
All assessment tasks must be attempted in order to pass the unit. Final Examination: 2 hrs 15 mins duration. It is mandatory to pass the Final Examination in order to pass this unit. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5 UNE manages supervised exams associated with your UNE subjects. Prior to census date, UNE releases exam timetables. They’ll email important exam information directly to your UNE email address.
- Individual programming task (10%)
- Individual programming task (10%)
- Collaborative software development task (30%)
- Individual development reflection (10%)
- Final Examination (40%)
Textbook information is pending.