- Topics are available to enrolled students in the unit Moodle site.
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - • Access to a computer • Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lecture and other media provided in units, a USB style headset has proven to provide superior audio quality to the jack style headset when used for online teaching software) • Headset, including microphone (highly recommended for participation in virtual classrooms) • Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations)
- SoftwareDetails - Please refer students to link for requirements: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component.
- TravelDetails - Travel may be required to complete invigilated examination.
This subject explores some current issues in human nutrition. Topics include the evidence-based approach, diet and health, and dietary assessment.
Assessment 1 - Online quiz. Relates to Learning Outcomes (LO) LO: 1, 2, 3, 4 Assessment 2 - Essay. Critique of nutritional literature. It is mandatory to attempt and submit this assessment. Relates to Learning Outcomes (LO) LO: 1, 2, 3, 4. Word Count: 1500. Assessment 3 - Essay. Analysis of dietary intake and a written report. It is mandatory to attempt and submit this assessment. Relates to Learning Outcomes (LO) LO: 1, 2, 3, 4. Word Count: 1500. Final Examination - The final examination is mandatory to pass in order to pass this unit. To pass the unit the student must attempt and submit all assessment tasks. Relates to Learning Outcomes (LO) LO: 1, 2, 3, 4. The examination is offered as both a paper-based examination and an online examination. Students nominate their preference. For more information about UNE examinations please go to: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/my-course/examinations
- Assessment 1 - Online Quiz (10%)
- Assessment 2 - Essay (20%)
- Assessment 3 - Essay (20%)
- Final Invigilated Examination (50%)