- Topics are only available to enrolled students in the subject Moodle site.
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - • Headphones or speakers ( required to listen to lecture and other media provided in subjects, a USB style headset has proven to provide superior audio quality to the jack style headset when used for online teaching software) • Headset, including microphone (highly recommended for participation in virtual classrooms) • Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations)
- SoftwareDetails - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete their subjects. UNE's minimum requirements for all students in relation to the hardware and software a student requires to support their learning are found at: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
This subject is a foundation level bridging subject designed for students entering science-based degree programs who have a weak background in chemistry.
Assessment 1: Online Quizzes. 4 online quizzes. Each individual quiz weighted at 5%. It is mandatory to pass this component in order to pass the subject. Relates to Learning Outcomes: 1, 2, 3, 4 Assessment 2: Online Laboratory Skills Quiz. It is mandatory to pass this component in order to pass the subject. Relates to Learning Outcomes: 1, 2, 3, 4 Assessment 3: Mid-Trimester Examination. It is mandatory to pass this component in order to pass the subject. Relates to Learning Outcomes: 1, 2, 3, 4 Final Examination: Must obtain at least 45% in the Final Examination and obtain an overall passing grade. Relates to Learning Outcomes: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Assessment 1 (20%)
- Assessment 2 (15%)
- Assessment 3 (25%)
- Final Invigilated Examination (40%)
Textbook information is pending.