Interprofessional Practice in Health and Social Care
Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
- 04 Nov 2019
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
Upon completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- demonstrate awareness and understanding of the roles and functions of the range of people working within health and community service organisations;
- identify ethical, moral, legal and professional standards and processes for meeting standards;
- apply in contextually appropriate ways principles of interprofessional practice;
- demonstrate understanding of and describe the factors that will shape the development of their professional identity;
- demonstrate reflective practice; and
- identify career opportunities within health and social care.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- SoftwareDetails - Please refer students to link for requirements: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component.
- OtherDetails -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
In this unit you will be introduced to the history and context of health professional practice. You will explore your chosen profession; interprofessional and collaborative practice and ethical, legal and professional standards of practice.
Assessment 1: 1500 words; Online activities - includes 3 written online activities worth 20% each e.g. Online quiz or activity or short answer question. Equivalent to 500 words each.; Relates to Learning Outcomes: 1, 2, 5 Assessment 2: 1500 words; Oral presentation that will require the student to use PowerPoint and/or other media, such as video or oral recording equipment.; Relates to Learning Outcomes: 3, 4, 6
- Assessment 1 (60%)
- Assessment 2 (40%)
Textbook information is pending.