French Language 1B
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Online & on-campus
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate extended elementary listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in French;
- further utilise elementary structures and functions of the French language, in particular grammatical structures;
- communicate in French with some depth on selected topics of everyday life;
- apply further knowledge of French cultural norms and society; and
- use cognitive skills to analyse and synthesise information when communicating at an elementary level.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
To enrol in this subject you will need to pass the Prerequisite/s. Please note as UNE results are released after the close of enrolment date, your enrolment into this subject will be withdrawn if you do not pass the prerequisite subject/s.
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- Travel requirements - Travel may be required if students choose to attend the Non-Mandatory Intensive School. 2021 dates to be advised.
- Other requirements -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
This subject consolidates the knowledge of the French language gained in FREN101. Students' knowledge of grammar, structures and syntax will be extended. Elementary listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in everyday French language will be further developed. In addition, students will be further acquainted with French and Francophone culture.
Assessment 1: 250 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 Assessment 2: 500 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-3 Assessment 3: 1000 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5 Assessment 4: 1000 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5 Take Home Exam: 2hrs 30mins. Assessment Notes: Must pass in order to pass unit. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-5
- Assessment 1 (5%)
- Assessment 2 (10%)
- Assessment 3 (20%)
- Take Home Exam (45%)
- Assessment 4 (20%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 24 Sep 21
English Grammar for Students of French
Diploma in Modern Languages
- Chinese Language Major
- French Language Major
- German Language Major
- Indonesian Language Major
- Italian Language Major
- Japanese Language Major